My Storybook Favorites

While browsing through past students' storybooks, I came across several that I found intriguing, entertaining, or comical. I genuinely had fun reading through these stories, and it made me excited for what is to come in this course. My three favorite storybooks (in no particular order) include the following:
The very first story I came across detailed the descriptions of famous happenings in Greek mythology from the perspective of Hades. I found this very interesting, as it provides a unique perspective on events that are, for the most part, told from similar perspectives. In this story, Hades and Persephone recount the stories of the War with Troy from their point of view, which happens to be from the realm of the dead. The description of Hades' storytelling is both elegant and detailed, and casts the king of the dead in a different, not-so-eerie light. The story also includes a picture that I found very intriguing that I will insert below.
 
John Martin, Fallen Angels in Hell, from Wikipedia Commons
The second story I enjoyed was Toto's Adventures in Oz. This features a very cute recounting of some of the major events that occur in The Wizard of Oz, as told by Toto, Dorothy Gale's dog. This story caught my eye, because I never thought to wonder what poor Toto must have been thinking during that terrible cyclone in Kansas, or all of the munchkins and flying monkeys. This story was very detailed and so fun to read. This is one kind of storybook I would like to consider for my project when the time comes!
The last storybook that I found particularly entertaining was RHWOGM or The Real Housewives of Greek Mythology. This is a title that immediately caught my eye, and once I started to read it, I was so glad I did. This story mimics the popular reality television series so well by integrating famous women from Greek Mythology and creating dramatic storylines between them. My favorite parts of this storybook were the introductions to all the women in the introduction, and the manuscript used to tell the stories.

Comments