The place I love the most

Before sitting down to start this assignment, I closed my eyes and tried to picture the place where I felt the happiest and most at home. After thinking for a moment, I knew exactly which place I wanted to share about.

The place that makes my heart the happiest is my hometown: Tulsa, Oklahoma. I was born and raised there and lived in the same house for eighteen years before I moved to Norman (and my parents still live there today), so it has always been home to me. I have always loved living in Tulsa, but it wasn't until I moved away that I really started to appreciate it for all that it is. Even though it is a big city that seems to be growing and expanding every day, the close-knit community there has always made it seem smaller than it is. Tulsa also has a rich history, beautiful architecture, and so many fun things to do and see. 


Even though the things I mentioned make Tulsa great, the things that make it my favorite place are all the memories and relationships I got to make there. Moving to Norman made me realize how special the place I have always lived truly is, and even though I no longer live there, Tulsa will always be a place that I can call home.



Comments

  1. What a beautiful picture of that distinctive Tulsa skyline, Emily: wonderful! Maybe you will do a Tulsa-inspired project for class: I am guessing it has some legends, ghost stories, urban legends, etc. of its own, and you would have an eager audience for such stories I am sure! Let's see what the Google says... yes!!! Haunted Tulsa :-)
    With links in Blogger, you can create link text and not show the URL; that's easier on the eyes, esp. for long web addresses. So your link here could be: Flickr. You can give that style a try in your next post and see how it works.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment