Time management strategies

Time management has already been something that I have struggled with in this course, as it is not in a format that I am used to, so I found these articles helpful and pertinent to the beginning of this class. I really enjoyed both of the articles that I read, and plan on employing some of the strategies suggested! Here are the articles I read:
The first article I read was "How Checklists Train Your Brain to be More Productive and Goal-Oriented". This article discusses the importance and necessity of checklists in everyday life and suggest ways to best use them in order to train your brain and get motivated! I particularly liked the section where the article discussed making 'smart, bite-sized goals'. When I sit down to set goals, I often think of the big picture immediately which often causes me to get easily overwhelmed. Setting Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, and Time-bound (or SMART) goals makes it easier to attain all of your goals while remaining motivated and positive!
Lifehacker
The second article I read was "Four Questions to Help You Overcome Procrastination". This article caught my eye because I have struggled with procrastination since high school. This article poses four questions that serve as a "self-interrogation" to help students to resist procrastination. The fourth and final question in this article asked about what would go wrong if the assignment wasn't done as soon as possible. This question is one that I often ask myself when considering the temptation of procrastination, and I am hoping to get better at seriously considering the consequences instead of pushing them to the side. I really enjoyed this article and I have already pinned this page, as I figure it is something I will continuously need to use throughout the semester :)
Picture from lifehacker Lifehacker photo

Comments