Tech tip: Canvas calendar

For today's tech tip, I focused on learning about the Canvas calendar. This was something that I wanted to write about because this is the first year that I have really started to understand the utility and functionality of this feature! Before this year, I would glance at the upcoming dates I had, but I was never fully reliant on the calendar. Now, I looked at the calendar at the very beginning of this year to use as a guideline for my planner, and I also try to look at it daily. I think this has changed primarily because of my enrollment in two online courses. I think this is the case because in online courses, there are no weekly in-person meetings where you can be reminded of upcoming dates, so checking the calendar becomes the main way in which you stay on top of your work. Of course, I still have some issues with being on time, but it has been made so much better with the use of the Canvas calendar!

Another reason I love this application is because of the grace period. This feature has been the biggest life-saver this semester, and I have probably utilized it more than I would like to admit. I think this option should be available in most courses, but it is especially useful in online courses, as life can get very hectic sometimes. Because of this feature, I know that if I mess up and forget to do an assignment by the original due date that I can still get my work done and get full credit for doing so. Also, I have learned that setting my own dates has been a little more difficult for me than the typical classroom-setting-type-schedule, and the option of using a grace period has really helped me with this transition!

Using the canvas calendar, as well as it's various features, has helped me greatly with my time management skills, and it is an application that I plan on using for the rest of my time here at OU!!

Comments