Week 8 Feedback and Comments

Week 8 Feedback and Comments

Overall, I have found the comments left on my blog to be of high quality and fairly helpful. To me, the comments that are the most helpful are those that include both positive and negative feedback, as well as constructive criticism. Most of these comments are formatted in a way that begins with a compliment about the story which is followed up by one or several elements that that the reader enjoyed about the story. Sometimes the comments end at this point, but most of the time these elements are followed up with constructive criticism about what I could've done to improve the story or what the reader would've liked to read more about. This method is how I format my own comments as well, as I have found them to be the most helpful when I am editing and rewriting my own stories. I have really enjoyed leaving comments because not only does it allow me to communicate with my peers and get to know them, but it also allows me to get ideas about how I can better re-tell my own stories. Reading and commenting on my classmates' introduction posts has been something that has really allowed me to get to know them, and I hope that my introduction post has served the same purpose! It makes me happy when I see a new comment added because it makes me feel like my introduction has made at least a little bit of an impact on the other students in this course, and I hope that I can continue getting to know people and allowing them to get to know me!

I currently feel like I complete the commenting/feedback assignments pretty well, so moving forward I want to continue utilizing these assignments to help me better my reading/writing abilities in the future!

Image: The image I chose for this portion of the assignment creatively depicts all of the components of effective feedback as pieces of a puzzle all fitting together. I thought this was a clever and accurate depiction of how feedback should be, as it portrays that there should be a lot of thought that goes into giving feedback, as it can have major impacts on employee performance. This picture and its concepts can also apply to a course like this, in which we are posting weekly creations that can greatly benefit from feedback.



21 components, growthmindsetmemes

Comments