Week 8 Reading and Writing

Week 8 Blog Review

For this assignment, we were asked to review our blog/website layout, our reading and writing, and our overall progress in this course. First, I went to my blog and my website and reviewed the design and layout of both of them. When I first made my blog, I didn't really know what I was doing so I made changes to both my layout and design. I think that these changes are more aesthetically pleasing and will help readers view my stories easier!

Next, I reviewed my reading and writing for the first half of this semester. Overall, I have really enjoyed the reading and writing processes for this course. I think sometimes, because this is an online course, it can be difficult for me to complete some of the assignments in a timely manner. However, when I sit down and actually take the time to read the stories and write thoughtfully, I really do enjoy the process. As far as my satisfaction with the actual stories I have written goes, I think as the semester has gone on, my ability to read and write like a writer has improved greatly! I am very happy with the content of my stories however, I would like to work on posting my stories earlier so that I am not having to go back and make up assignments while I am working on my current ones. I think that my biggest accomplishment in this course is not just one or two stories that I've written. I think that, although I am pleased with the stories on my blogs, my biggest accomplishment has been the vast improvement in my creativity when writing these stories. When you have to think of ways to retell classic stories at least every other week, it requires you to have to be pretty creative, and this has challenged me and also caused me to grow this semester.

My favorite reading thus far has been the story of Cupid and Psyche. The story was very interesting and I was always excited to continue reading. It was also really fun to retell in the format of a couple's therapy session. This was also one of the readings that really helped me understand how to use my reading notes in a helpful and efficient way. Overall, I feel that taking notes and going back and looking over them has been pretty helpful in writing my stories. I would say that the first several weeks of this course have allowed me to be a better reader and a better writer.

Looking forward

As I briefly touched on before, I think that I need to get better at writing and posting my stories on time in order to get more out of the readings and this course in general. I believe that this is something that I will be able to do, having several weeks worth of examples of what to do and what not to do within my own experience. 

Image:
This image from my most recent story is one of my very favorites because I really felt like it captured the tense relationship between Aphrodite and Ares that I talked about in my story. This picture is also very detailed and provides a really clear depiction of what they might have looked like. I found that this improved my own ability to picture the story that I was telling, and figured it would do the same for the readers.
Image result for aphrodite and ares
Aphrodite looking at Ares, aminoapps

Comments